Happy Valentine's Day everybody! I hope you have a lovely day, whatever your plans. In the spirit of Valentine's Day, it seems a timely opportunity to celebrate some of the styles currently seen strutting down the New York Fashion Week catwalks. From the ultra-feminine and romantic, to over/understated glamour and to body-hugging, flirtatious sexiness, it seems that love may be in the air for Fall 2012. Yet, many designers presenting their collections now have seemingly created looks to inspire your outfit for Valentine's Day... here are some ideas to try, or simply to enjoy:
- Be bold with the rose theme and push romance to a brave new level (Marc Jacobs).
|Marc Jacobs, Fall 2012 RTW, New York Fashion Week|
- Add daring to a dainty dress by choosing a deep red colour, and decorate with same-coloured accessories (Alice + Olivia).
|Alice + Olivia, Fall 2012 RTW, New York Fashion Week|
- Eye-catching embellishments on an otherwise understated dress will transform your look (Lela Rose).
|Lela Rose, Fall 2012 RTW, New York Fashion Week|
- Don't be afraid to wear exactly what you want. Mix prim & proper with princess-y and a touch of humour (Chris Benz).
|Chris Benz, Fall 2012 RTW, New York Fashion Week|
- Eschew the dress altogether, in favour of androgynous glamour, made feminine with some special lace and heels (Tribune Standard).
|Tribune Standard, Fall 2012 RTW, New York Fashion Week|
- Go for length and show skin sparingly. Shoulders and lower arms maintain elegance and class (Diane von Furstenburg).
- If the grecian goddess look works for you, it always will. Enjoy the flowing fabric and add some sparkle where possible (Erin Fetherston).
|Erin Fetherston, Fall 2012 RTW, New York Fashion Week|
- If your figure looks best skimmed into a shapely silhouette, avoid overt sexuality with dramatic details: high(ish) necklines, 'boxy' accessories and slicked-back hair (Catherine Malandrino).
Do you have a favourite Valentine's Day-inspired look? Which New York Fashion Week shows have you most enjoyed so far? Don't forget to check City Girl on Twitter and City Girl on Facebook, for regular show updates and other news.